Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by."
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.
Then a voice said to him, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"

- 1 Kings 19: 11-13

Its the night before your birthday. And you can't really sleep.
You're thinking about the presents, the party, the friends and everyone that'll be with you on that happy day. That anticipation of something great that is about to happen.

That's how i feel. Just a fraction. Except add in a little fear, a little excitement and a little surprise.

I keep feeling that God is just right about to move. Anytime, anywhere. Like a thief in the night. IN the most unknowing moment.

And i just can't help feeling a tad bit unprepared. It could come! ANYTIME. EVEN right now!
Something great is about to happen! Something great is about to happen!

I can't help but cry out tonight , Father don't pass me by! Elijah stood through the earthquake, wind and fire, and listened to that gentle whisper.

Can I quieten down my heart to hear it? Because God is about to move his hand in the harvest. God is about to move in the hearts of people to grow and mature people. God is about to raise up leaders and shepherds of his flock. 7 years of harvest. About to begin.

Am i ready?
Honestly, i don't know. Because i don't know how much more powerfully can God move.
But God is my provider, He will make a way.

I only can lift up my camp to you, lift up my sheep to you, lift up my caregroup to you, life up my family to you and lift up my life to you.

Because when i do i come closer to you, to hear your will.

Past the roaring gale, the earsplitting earthquake and burst of fire, Father i will listen out to your gentle whisper. Because its the most powerful of all.

The nudging of the spirit is moving and this scripture stepped out of the pages of the bible today.

Because Elijah waited patiently and stepped out of the hole, naturally without a second thought of which of these amazing things was God in. I couldn't help but ask, God could i know if i were in Elijah's shoes? I couldn't find my answer, so all i can do is cry out that God you will show me when you pass by! And to share this spirit with all of you, because when the amazing things come.
The nets of the fishers of men will be full!

Its just around the corner!


Falcks on 9:21 AM