Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Matt 5:14,16

" You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

I think being the "light" to your friends is already kind of difficult sometimes but He calls us to be a light OF THE WORLD. How intimidating does that sound?

err.. very?

How do i lead my life with that conviction and surety that i can lead it with a righteousness that shines and love which abounds to the people around me when i'm so imperfect? Sometimes i think its scary if people use little old sinful me to measure God's reputation. I'm simply not worthy.

But then, i'm greatly comforted by God's promise and grace for us and that He'll surely provide for us if He called us to be so.

Romans 4:17b
"He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were."

I'll always be his "work-in-progress".
And I'll be forgiven in the face of wrong decisions even though i may have to pay for the mistakes.
I'll always have someone at my back.
I'll always have someone who sees me " not as though i were."
That someone's name is Jesus.
And i'm thankful because He has set these hopes for me not because he wants to stress me or make me so nice that its fake.
But he truly believes that i will be able to live up to this promise.
This faith in me i'm not worthy of.

But because of his sacrifice, i can live this life of freedom and i rather live for Him.

Thank you for Your Grace and Mercy Jesus (: and i know you'll provide for me and be with me through this process.

I really want to live not only as a righteous man of God but to live out this value placed in my life.

NS Core Value
2. I will carry the message of the Cross

WITH MY LIFE! (:
And with all i have.

Amen (:
-- Cale (:


Falcks on 12:12 AM