Sunday, August 10, 2008

Everyone has dreams, ambitions, aspirations and hopes.

Flying off somewhere to study something.
Scaling a new height.
Gaining a gold, silver or bronze medal at a competition.

What happens to the goalless and the sightless?

More often than not i look at the trivial and materialistic things i chase for... a new computer or a new mp3, how about a certificate? The eternal search for the right course and the right area of study. Not knowing but constantly worrying. I reckon the urge to worry ostensibly seems to be a primal reaction to me.

But what does it all matter?
Am i truly doing these things because i love it or because the world deems it to be desirable such that it enraptures my thoughts to be an alluring choice?

God all i need now is a little more of your wisdom.
A little more of your love.
A little more of Your presence.

Because seeking it on my own accord, brings no reward.
But when you seek it with me, i know my paths are made straight in Your precious name.
Even if i seek what seems to be a worthless choice, where its not recognised by the world, and people deem it pathetic, does it matter if it has the approval from You who made the weak and the strong, who seek to anoint the humble and fell the strong?

I need to set my eyes solely on You once again.

Not anymore on the decisions i want.

As Peter inquired, " Father, if you will" as He stepped onto the pristine lake of galilee.
So i hope to make the same.

Father if you will, let my footsteps be within Yours which have paved my way. For you light a lamp onto my feet and have made my paths straight before me.

Proverbs 3:5-6
" Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding,
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and He will make your paths straight."


Falcks on 8:49 AM